Steel doors are not only strong, but they also have a clean look to them. Not only this, but Steel security doors cost less than other types of doors, which is an advantage for most people who have some budget restraints.
Why Are Steel Security Doors So Beneficial?
Steel doors are appealing to industrial engineers and commercial architects for a variety of reasons. You might even be surprised by some of these benefits:
1. Steel Doors Offer Long-Term Value
When it comes to doors, a steel door is an excellent long-term investment, no matter if you want the entire door or just the frame.
Maintenance & Repair
Steel security doors are the best long-term investment. They usually last 30 years (or more) with proper care. They are often far less expensive to repair than similar wooden doors if they require maintenance or repairs.
Many engineers and architects choose wooden doors to save money, but in reality, they're giving up on cost-effectiveness. Wood absorbs moisture quickly, which results in peeling, bubbles, warping, twisting, and bowing. It can be expensive to replace or repair damaged doors.
2. They Enhance Both Security & Safety
Security from Fire
The steel doors manufacturer design the door by keeping fire resistance (and other safety features) in mind, though not all steel doors with frames are fire-resistant. Some wooden doors are fire-rated, just like some metal doors.
In general, steel fire-resistant doors have a fire-resistance rating of 20 minutes. When a fire breaks out, it can withstand high temperatures for up to 20 minutes, giving building occupants enough time to get to safety.
Every steel door comes with a fire-rating sticker that indicates how long it will hold up in a fire.
3. Don’t require expensive upkeep.
A wooden door requires routine maintenance, while a steel door requires little to no maintenance because steel doors are resistant to:
- Rust (once it has been primed and painted)
- Having a crack
- Generally, steelworks are best for exterior doors that must withstand heavy traffic and extreme weather conditions.
- Steel doors are highly insulating, so they can even lower your building's cooling and heating costs.
- Steel doors are relatively easy to scratch and dent, but they usually require fewer repairs and less time to replace than fibreglass or wooden door.
Other Factors to consider
What else should you know about steel security doors?
- They offer superior noise reduction. A metal door helps reduce sound from leaking from one room into another.
- It's easy to clean them. It is essential to use steel in buildings where sanitation is mandatory, like hospitals.
If you want steel doors built, you can count on the best door manufacturers. Experts can help you find the doors that suit your need if you speak with them. Choosing the right steel doors manufacturer for your specific requirement can be a great advantage, as they will be willing to devote the time and resources to provide you with an ideal door.